So I finally caved and joined Rachel's Haven. I've yet to see a site like this, with rules that stretch for miles. I feel like I have to take a nap, or a couple days to go through it and understand them all. One that is rather annoying is the requirements just to see the gallery... I mean we are all out here to share our creations, right? I do what I do purely for the enjoyment of others. I feel constrained just looking over those rules and that's just not right if you ask me.
I joined it to see what it is, to see if it would be anything like the old tf-media. Sadly I'm rather disappointed at this point, and I don't see it becoming any better. I don't believe I will follow through with anything on that site, it's just not worth it to me when I can create what I want here, post it without judgement from some "monitor or moderator", and let those that follow determine what is worth while to them.
I felt like I had to rant about that, just get it all out there. Hope everyone is well otherwise, and I look forward to making some more captions for you all. Goodnight everyone!
Sorry to hear you think that about Rachel's Haven. It really is a good site though. I'm not sure if the offer was still going, but you could've had instant acess to the gallery if you proved you contributed captions to TF-Media.
ReplyDeletei feel the same way about it as you. i gave it a shot but never felt it was worth it, not to mention i dont like environments with alot of rules
ReplyDeletei like it there :P
ReplyDeleteHey Hewy, don't know if you're interested or not, but there's a new TF-Media out now called tf-media2.net. I recommend checking out. It's still being worked on, but its definitely something to keep an eye on. Plus, I think a couple of your captions are up on there that I recommend you go and claim.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nebula, I appreciate it. I just took a look at the site and there are a couple of my old captions on there. I'll have to jump on there and claim some of my captions. Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteGive it a try Hewy - you make great stuff. Any rules posted are there to protect the site just like anywhere else. Leaving 50 posts on the site is a great way to encourage artists on the site. Post 10 caps there, boom, you’re in. Fastest way to the main gallery. Over 30,000 images there!
ReplyDelete